After the complete closure of resorts in Punta Cana due to COVID-19, the Hard Rock Punta Cana is reopening its doors on June 1st. At least that’s the goal! But life at all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana will look very different as the world continues to fight this coronavirus pandemic.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
The Hard Rock Punta Cana is one of the largest resorts in the Dominican Republic with over 1,700 rooms. It is a beautiful all-inclusive resort with a casino, golf course, and nightclub. Not to mention the numerous restaurants, bars, and pools! Tourists from all over the world travel to stay at the Hard Rock Punta Cana. And we’re ready for the resort to open up again!
Hard Rock Punta Cana reopening with new safety protocols
Unfortunately due to the coronavirus pandemic, all of the resorts in Punta Cana have been closed since March 19th in compliance with government regulations. But we’re starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and resorts are expected to start opening again on June 1st.
Keep in mind this might change depending on the Dominican government and what happens with the coronavirus.
The Hard Rock Punta Cana will lead the way in guest safety with its new Safe + Sound Program. The program is intended to keep guests safe from coronavirus during their vacation. So what does the program entail?
Safe + Sound Program Protocols
- Guests will have their temperatures taken before entering the property, and must be cleared by a doctor if they show any symptoms of the virus.
- All luggage will be sanitized.
- Employees will wear masks and gloves
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the property.
- Social distancing measures will be enforced in public areas.
- The swim-up bars will remain closed.
- Beach and pool chairs will be sanitized between use.
- Restaurants will no longer be buffet style. They will be a la carte instead.
- Extensive cleaning will occur in guest rooms with a focus on high-contact surfaces like light-switches, faucets, door handles, etc.
These are only a few of the things that Hard Rock Punta Cana is doing to keep its guests safe on their vacation.
The Future of All-Inclusive Resorts
It is very likely that these safety practices will be enforced in all of the all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana. At least for the time being. The most important thing at this time is our health, so the tourism industry will have to adjust to accommodate travelers.
Hopefully, travelers will understand the reasoning behind these new practices and will abide by these protocols to keep everyone safe and keep the tourism industry alive. Because after all, Punta Cana can only survive if tourists continue to travel here!