As you prepare for your vacation, you’ll want to know how much you can expect to pay for a taxi from the airport in Punta Cana. That’s a great question!
When you arrive to the airport, the first thing you’ll want to do is get a taxi to your resort. But as you head outside, you may feel overwhelmed with the swarm of tour operators, rental car reps, and taxi drivers battling for your attention. And once you talk to a taxi driver, you’ll want to know that you’re paying a fair price to get to your resort.
So how much is a taxi from the airport in Punta Cana?
The price will depend on where your resort is located. Be aware that a lot of resorts that have Punta Cana in the name aren’t actually in Punta Cana. Most of the popular resorts are actually in Bavaro, or you could be staying in Cap Cana, Cabeza de Toro, or Uvero Alto. You may have even booked a resort in La Romana but are flying into Punta Cana. So double-check your reservation, and check out the list below for taxi fares.
Taxi Rates to Resorts in Punta Cana
- 20 USD to Punta Cana (Club Med, Westin, Puntacana Resort & Club)
- 30 USD to Cap Cana (Secrets Cap Cana, Sanctuary Cap Cana, etc.)
- 30 USD to Cabeza de Toro (Be Live Collection, Dreams Palm Beach, etc.)
- 35 USD to Bavaro (Barcelo Bavaro Beach, Paradisus Punta Cana, Melia, etc.)
- 60 USD to Macao Beach (Dreams Macao Beach)
- 90 USD to Uvero Alto (Breathless, Zoetry, Now Onyx, etc.)
- 150 USD to La Romana (Bahia Principe Grand, Hilton La Romana, etc.)
- 200 USD to Santo Domingo
Be advised that prices can change at any time. Fares are valid for up to 4 people and may increase if you’re traveling in the dark. Prices can often be negotiated, especially on your return to the airport at the end of your trip.
Most taxi drivers accept US Dollars, Dominican pesos, and Euros.